Puns, and More Puns

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Movie Endings

But wait till we bring II, and III, and then IV just when you think it is over.

A lot of movies do this, they have fairly good endings and then what? We can watch the ending ruined when they bring another movie onto the scene, they realize they did not do a good job on the II movie and they will leave it with a huge cliffhanger, then they release the III movie with the ending that gets either the reaction “I am going to kill everyone involved with making this”, or, “I am at peace now.” Perhaps I am thinking Pirates of the Caribbean, or perhaps I am not thinking of a movie but just thinking about Halo. Technically, there is a Halo IV and Halo V, and Halo VIv2.0. I do not believe that Pirates of the Caribbean will make another movie, the stupid and lame part of the ending makes it rather solid as well. However, there are a few untied ends through the movie that means, if the actors are listening to the paycheck, they will make a Pirate of the Caribbean 1/2: The whole tie between Blackbeard and Jack Sparrow? And the relation between Jack Sparrow and Cutler Beckett?

If they do film a 1/2, then I will just say it, they should try to film it with younger, etchier versions of themselves:

Teenage Teal'c: Yo! Wonderbread! You got that address figured out?

Teenage Daniel: Chill T! I'm like, translating as fast as I can!

Teenage Vala: I am so sick of being treated as an object to be worshiped! I am a real person with real feelings!

Teenage Daniel:: You know, I don't think Mitchell likes me anymore...

Teenage Vala: I'm pregnant.

[Cut to SG-1 in the conference room.]

Lt. Col. Carter: Uh-uh.

Dr. Jackson: No.

Lt. Col. Mitchell: [incredulous look] Nope.

Teal'c: [sullen silence]

Lord of the Rings, the movies and books. While the movies were based, loosely, off of the books. The endings on the movies were a bit worse. But when it comes to the Fellowship and the Two Towers then you already know “There is one after this.” The really poor ending is Return of the King. On the movie, how many ending scenes do we need to go through? And for the book, why is half the book just the “afterwords”?

I will not even touch Harry Potter, I never read the sixth and seventh book, it was mostly a “This fifth book is actually great… which means any book following this will be complete rubbish.” And what is it that happens to come out? “Watch what happens when I shove a stick up my nose to smash my brains then use this hooked thing to pull my brains out through my nose…” “Wait, that is what they do for Mummifying in Egypt.” “But it will work!”

Fast and Furious series. I remember first watching the first The Fast and The Furious, and at the ending I thought “Awesome ending, that works great, cool, great movie.” But everyone else was “Well I want more, this is such a cliffhanger leaving you wanting more…” Am I the only one who, while I enjoy Vin Diesel Movies, they rarely actually leave me with wanting a further movie, I think the endings are rather solid, but getting to that. They came out with 2 Fast 2 Furious, also an alright movie, just not as great without Vin Diesel, but I can live with it. The ending on it was also pretty solid though, “Alright, they will set up a garage then.” There is also Tokyo Drift in the equation, but, eh, not part of the story, and Vin Diesel was only at the end. But, in 2009, Fast and Furious came out. (How many can come out with the same name.) That ending was leaving me wanting more, and the story did not seem to match up with 2 Fast 2 Furious, why join back up with the force again? So, maybe 2 Fast 2 Furious was not part of the same universe, it was The Fast and The Furious, Fast and Furious, and then they will make another movie wrapping up the “I really want more, personally.” Still, I could personally be fine with having left it at the first movie without anything added. In a way, Babylon A.D. is like this, solid ending the way I see it, but a lot of other people are complaining about wanting a continued movie on it. The point? Explain? Please? Pretty Please?

The Anecdotal Rabbit

No comments:

Post a Comment